7.25.2005

And when it all, is said and done.

There are lots of lists in this world. Mr. Letterman has his top-ten lists, the Redskins have a season-ticket waiting list and I have a birthday/Christmas list. And now I have another list. I'm calling it "Weekend Firsts." Those who are logically-inclined may have already figured it out, but this will be a list of the first experiences/sightings/discoveries which occurred the prior weekend. It will not be as encompassing or entertaining as his reflections, but it's not meant to be.

So now that I've gotten you all excited, here ya go.

Weekend Firsts
I. First time that I saw a man with hair plugs (that I was aware of).
II. First time I saw a baseball game at RFK.
III. First time I saw "spinners" on a Geo Metro.


Moving along. If you've been to Haar's this summer, you know that they got an upgrade in their audio signal, which is now available at 101.1 FM. Well, I thought it would be fun (for me) to check out how far that signal extended. Could I pick up Tom Cruise complaining about driving without a driver's license on 15? The answer is yes. I made a map. Prepare yourselves.


The blue spots represent the farthest points where I could hear the signal clearly. The red star represents Haar's physical location, and as you can see, I could pick up a signal a mile away in several directions. Cool, huh?

1 Comments:

On 27.7.05, Blogger matt declared...

You should do firsts of the week. That would be cool, and there would be more. If you could remember that far back. I know I probably couldn't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home