6.05.2006

It's coming home, it's coming home..

Friday. This coming Friday is the kick-off of the World Cup. It would be an understatment to say I'm excited. I am stoked! Over the past week, I have two dreams that involved the World Cup. I have the opportunity to watch soccer every day of the week for just about two weeks.

For those of you, wondering where my allegiance lies in this Cup, here's a pic of my boys, the three lions.



The US is competing this year and they may very well be better then they were last year. And in the same breath, they may be worse and not even make it out of round-robin play. I think that for the sake of soccer catching on here in the States, they have to move out of their group and make some significant progress. But I don't know if that'll happen.

But I can guarantee this: there will be some good football (soccer) being played over the next month. Many of my peeps won't even bat an eye. But that's okay. They just don't know what they're missing.

1 Comments:

On 6.6.06, Blogger matt declared...

I am not sure that your comments on the US are totally true. I would agree with you that the US teams results may be better or worse than 4 years ago. But talent wise and experience-wise they are better than 4 years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home