2.25.2005

Where I rant about PENDOT

Dear PENDOT,

Why don't you like to plow the interstates? Snow started falling at my office around 11:00 or so yesterday. I went home around 2:15 and the turnpike was pretty decent, although the visibility was pretty poor. However, PENDOT does not take care of the turnpike, the turnpike takes care of itself. So I go over to the east shore last night and I leave around 6:45. Mechanicsburg borough roads are horrible. Even Main Street which I thought would be plowed, was not. So I think to myself, "Okay, at the least the interstate should be plowed. I was wrong. I jumped on 581 at Trindle Road and there was one driveable lane on 581, and you couldn't even see the pavement in that lane. I proceeded to Harrisburg with a top speed of approx. 35 mph. So I'm at my friends house and I think to myself "Well, if I wait to leave here until 10:30 or so, the roads should be plowed." Wrong again. The roads were, if nothing, worse because the snow had not stopped and had only gotten deeper. So what I want to know, is where were you PENDOT? You certainly weren't on 581 between the hours of 7:00 and 10:00.

It's supposed to snow again on Monday, and unfortunately, I am expecting more of the same. Boo on you PENDOT.

I had a dream last night, and I don't recall too many specifics, but I can you this. It was a hip-hop flavored dream. Guest stars included Ice-Cube, Queen Latifah, and Kanye West.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home